Competitive Pricing for Uncontested Divorce or Separation in Albany, Schenectady, Troy and Saratoga Springs
Our rates for uncontested divorce or separation in the Capital Region are very competitive. You may find a modestly lower price in the Greater Capital District, but we don’t believe you can find better service for the fees we charge.
And be careful of many advertisements out there. Does the fee sound too good to be true? It may be.
Our legal fees depend, simply, on the complexity of your situation. The less complex the terms of the divorce or separation, the smaller the fee. Principal factors that make a situation more or less complex include how long the uncontested negotiation process takes, how many children there are and their ages, the finances of the couple, and whether the couple is looking for a separation or divorce or something else.
Depending on your situation and goals, the entire process (including mediation fees) may cost between $1000 and $3000.
How we keep our uncontested divorce fees so low.
- You help us prepare the information. That is, we will provide forms to you to complete so you can provide us with the information we need in the format we need to prepare the necessary documents expeditiously.
- We make use of modern technologies to facilitate the process of generating the necessary paperwork, reducing errors and decreasing the time it takes to prepare the requisite paperwork of divorce.
- We don’t engage in contested divorces where spouses opt to fight or litigate.
- Before we begin work, we review your situation to make sure that we can accomplish it promptly for you.
- You will communicate with us in many instances by email, telephone, or video conference. No need for you to regularly break up your daily routine or leave work to visit our office.
What these fees do not include.
- Therefore, our fees do not include our getting engaged in any litigation or negotiation on your behalf. We do not litigate. If there is disagreement between you on some issues and you need help ironing them out, we may be able to help you to resolve the remaining issues via divorce or separation mediation. If negotiations fail and either you or your spouse opts to litigate, then we no longer will be able to help you, and our services to you will terminate.
- The fees above do not include the production of Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs) or other documents, such as those for real estate transfers or wills, that may be necessary or desired. To the extent we do such work for you, it will be charged and paid at our then going rate for such work under a separate fee arrangement.
- The legal fees for divorce above also do not include court filing costs, estimated to be $385 (can vary by jurisdiction).
- Mediation fees are pay as you go. You control how many mediation sessions you need or want. Learn about our divorce and separation mediation services.
Why choose us?
We will work tirelessly to ensure that your uncontested divorce goes as smoothly and quickly as possible. We will respond promptly to your questions as they arise. We will be there to help you get through this challenging, even if uncontested, process.
Still think uncontested divorce costs too much?
In New York State, you can, on your own, take care of a “do it yourself” divorce. Court forms are available online at http://www.nycourts.gov/divorce/forms.shtml. Please note that the court system itself has warned:
Before you use the [court provided] booklets and forms, we strongly suggest that you give serious thought to using a lawyer for your divorce, even if you believe that your divorce will be “uncontested” (i.e., your spouse will not oppose the divorce in any way). There can be a lot more to think about than just ending the marriage and filling out court papers. (For example, there may be property to divide between you and your spouse, or you may need an Order of Protection and/or child support and other financial support, among other things.)
Even if you do “do it yourself”, you still will be responsible for the court fees and, potentially, service of process fees. Not to mention the time you spend trying to get all the forms correct.
If you have doubts about whether you can prepare and file all the forms yourself, we would be pleased to help you with an uncontested divorce. If nothing else, our fees may give you peace of mind that the divorce will be taken care of properly and promptly.
If you think we can be of help, please contact us by completing and submitting the form below: